Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Man blows up apartment with can of bug spray ...

That was the subject line in an e-mail I just received.

How could you NOT read it?

Why do I think it is great? Because it shows that clever marketing doesn't take big bucks, it just takes a bit of old-fashioned gumption, the ability to turn something around quick (this news broke earlier this week) and a bit of imagination. Oh, did I mention a sense of humor?

It was sent by Hal Coleman's North Fulton Exterminating Company's blog "Yucky Nasty Bug Facts."

This company down in Alpharetta GA isn't big, but it sure makes great use of the Internet, blogging and e-mail.

Hal's e-mail said:

Dear jpower@pbp.com,

Well, it happened again. This time it was a well-meaning guy somewhere near Trenton, N.J.

Apparently he was trying to kill a cockroach with a can of aerosol bug spray and sprayed it into his stove top. When the spray hit the pilot light.....KABOOOOOOOM!

Firefighters said the fire quickly spread to the rest of the apartment. It was 80% destroyed.

My Pest Advice:......Do I really have to tell you this one?

Have a great day,

Hal
North Fulton Exterminating
142 Marietta St.
Alpharetta, Ga. 30004
770-475-7419
Hal@NorthFultonExterminating.com


My only question: Hal, where is the clickable link? I didn't get one. I can click to unsubscribe (thanks but I am happy to keep reading because I am learning lots from you) but no link to your site. What a shame!

Posted by Internet Marketing Report Online editor Julie Power on Wednesday July 23 (happy birthday mum in Australia!).


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: