Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You want me to do what?

One of my pet peeves is stupid surveys.

And the one I got yesterday from Modell's, the sporting goods store, really got under my skin.

It included a question about how much I agreed with this statement about Modell's (see big, black block of text in the image) on a scale of one to five.


Are they joking? Do they really expect anyone to wade through this dense forest of impenetrable copy? It wasn't even broken up into bite-sized chunks. Please provide some bullet-points, some white space or some paragraph returns.

Don't the same rules apply to online surveys as online copy? Jakob Nielsen says you are lucky if people read 20% of a page. Copy like this? I'd be amazed if anyone bothers to read it.

It really casts a huge cloud over the results.

Posted by Internet Marketing Report Online editor Julie Power on Wednesday June 6 at 10 a.m.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: