Monday, June 2, 2008

Online press releases: A new tool can help

Wondering if a press release will help your search engine traffic? Whether anyone will understand it?

You may want to try out Hubspot's new press release grader before you send out your next release. They're testing it out at the moment.

To give it a whirl, I put the press release from Lifestyles Condoms that I wrote about in this post, Condom Marketing is Flaccid, through its grinder.

It gave it a score of 78 out of 100 but picked up on some of my gripes about how it wasn't optimized for the Web.

Hubspot's grader also acts like a checklist: Have you remembered to enter a phone number? Have you included an e-mail contact? All necessary stuff if you want a release to be picked up by journalists like me.

You can read the complete report on Lifestyles here or try out the new press release grader.

Posted by Internet Marketing Report Online blog editor Julie Power on Monday June 2 at 11 a.m.

PS. Sorry for delay posting today. Blogger has been down!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Lynn from organicmania.com said...

Great tip, Julie - and timely too, as I'm working on two press releases - one for a client and one for my own firm about my THREE new clients brought on board last week!