Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A nice recovery to a very human mistake

A nice way to apologize by BizSugar.com This morning I got an e-mail from BizSugar with "unsub test" in the subject line that contained junk. It was obviously sent by mistake. It said: "Bonjour!
Aliquam tempor erat eu sapien. Proin nisl lorem, hendrerit ut, venenatis vel, consequat in, est. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Praesent malesuada tristique massa ..."



It didn't really bother me. After all, I've hit the publish button on half-written posts on this blog too many times to admit in public.


What I really like is how the site followed up within an hour with this short, sweet apology that starts, "How embarrassing." It sounds human, it recognizes how we feel when this stuff goes wrong and it sure beats pretending nothing happened. Survey after survey shows that customers are more loyal to companies that mess up, and recover well, than to those that don't make mistakes.

That doesn't mean to say you should make mistakes. We all make enough without trying.


Posted by Internet Marketing Report Online blog editor Julie Power on Wednesday April 16 at 2.30 p.m.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

John Holsen said...

Um... I'd be the guilty party from bizSugar that you're talking about.

After my email snafu this morning, your post completely made my day. Thanks Julie!