Monday, April 21, 2008

How to trap the busiest of prospects with Google local

google maps lets you show street view too. Image from listings for John Jantsch Google's local business center is providing marketers with a complete arsenal of weapons to trap time-starved prospects, including video as we said recently.

Marketer John Jantsch at Duct Tape Marketing followed up the news with a great post, reminding me of all the ways you can use Google local business services (i.e., the maps).

To my mind, his listings on Google maps are like a series of great rebuttals, swatting away a prospect's objections.

I want videos! He's got them.

I want photos! He's got them.

I don't trust him. Does he know his stuff? He has reviews. There are photos of books he's written. He must be okay.

I can't find him? Look at his map.

But he doesn't offer what I need! You sure? His listing has a lot of details.


John's listings build trust with photos and videos
But I only like to pay with Mastercard? Gee, the listing says he takes them all.

But I only like to talk to a real person? Holy carmoly! There he is. See image on the left. Even looks like a nice guy.

Okay, okay, but I need directions. Got that too. There's even a street view (see above) so you don't get lost.

And how does he do it? By taking advantage of the free tools Google offers everyone.

I'm sold. I won't look any further.

Late breaking news: You can now add street views to these listings. Take a look to see how it is being used to sell a house.

What would your prospects do?

New to this blog? Thanks for visiting. If you like this post, remember to give it some sugar by clicking on the BizSugar button or by forwarding it to a friend.

Click here to cast your vote on a new viral marketing campaign by Kimberly-Clark.

Posted by Internet Marketing Report Online blog editor Julie Power on Monday April 21 at 8 a.m. Updated Monday April 28.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: